[Rumori] devo, erm. version 2.

Steev Hise steev at detritus.net
Fri Jan 27 07:46:27 PST 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 3:52 AM, M.Simons wrote:

> That being said, people also realize that the more recent
> popularization
> and rebirth of devo (and the use of mothersbaugh and mutato's
> soundtracks and connections in the industry) is largely due to the
> aging
> of their fanbase into positions of power.

Very very good point!
(I had a similiar thought when I saw "Lost in Translation" and The
Jesus and Mary Chain came on at the end.)

Tangentially - I worked for ZDTV (later called TechTV, then G4TV)
briefly during their launch, in 98, and for the big fancy launch party
Devo played.  It was rather surreal seeing the 40-something businessmen
in suits pogo-ing to all the hits. the band was paid 80 grand, but the
show was not included in the live webcast because they wanted an extra
20 or something for that...   The faux-autographed 8x10s of the band
stacked in the office bore the scrawled "To ZDTV - foreward into the
future!!"

steev

Steev Hise |  steev at detritus.net | http://detritus.net/steev
"If we are serious about ending poverty, we have to be serious about
ending the systems that create poverty by robbing the poor of their
common wealth, livelihoods and incomes. Before we can make poverty
history, we need to get the history of poverty right. It's not about
how much wealthy nations can give, so much as how much less they can
take."
         - Vandana Shiva