[Rumori] Post Consumer Productions Update - January 6, 2006

Jon Nelson postconsumer01 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 19:27:22 PST 2006

Hello, and Happy New Year! Here's another Post
Consumer Productions Update, pertaining to Some
Assembly Required and other cultural recycling
projects...

1) Podcasting
2) Blog
3) Interview with Jason Forrest (aka Donna Summer)
4) MISC: DJ Food/My 2005 Top 7 on Radio K/Artshows in
MN and NJ

1) Podcasting
Some Assembly Required is now podcasting episodes from
its second year in syndication! We officially began
earlier this week, with episode 104. We're working our
way backwards through the second season of Some
Assembly Required, throughout 2006, so stay tuned for
episode 103 to be uploaded this Monday. The Podcast is
an attempt to create an online archive of Some
Assembly Required episodes. We may eventually start
podcasting the new episodes, but for now we're going
to focus on archiving the second year of the program.
You can find the podcast, and more information at:
www.some-assembly-required.net/blog
Its also listed on iTunes, and Podcast Pickle...

Some Assembly Required will continue to air NEW
episodes on Radio K, and the two dozen college,
community and public radio stations which currently
receive the program. For more information, visit the
SAR website: www.some-assembly-required.net

2) Blogging
Some Assembly Required is now blogging! I spent a few
months in 2005 warming up to the idea, while learning
how to podcast, and am finally ready to start telling
the world. The Some Assembly Required blog is an
attempt to personalize the website a bit more. It was
also necessary in order to start podcasting. Its been
a lot of fun, too. Check out the Some Assembly
Required blog, at:
www.some-assembly-required.net/blog

3) Jason Forrest (aka Donna Summer) on Some Assembly
Required
Tune in tomorrow (Saturday, January 7th @ 2PM) on
Radio K, for the Some Assembly Required interview with
Jason Forrest (also known as "Donna Summer"). We'll
discuss the music on his latest release, "Shamelessly
Exciting," as well as his background as an artist and
the motivations behind his unusual name choices! Radio
K can be heard in the Twin Cities on Radio K (AM 770),
and around the world, online, at: radiok.org
(Saturdays, 2PM, Central Standard Time)

4) Miscellaneous
I was proud to feature an interview with DJ Food in
October of 2005. Hope you got a chance to hear that.
Also, Radio K invited me to do my top 7 of 2005 last
week. Thanks to morning show host Amy Daml, who
welcomed me onto her program. Here are the tracks I
played to represent Some Assembly Required, during
Radio K's annual week-long exploration of all things
2005:

*Aggro1 – “Behind these immigrant eyes”
*Negativland - "Favorite Things"
*Party Ben - "Never Feel Good"
*Twink - "Hip Hopera"
*Dean Gray - "Novocaine rhapsody"
*Jason Forrest - "My 36 favorite punk songs"
*DJ Cal – “Wicked whatever”

In other news, I had a few art shows these past few
months. I think I mentioned the show at Hair Police in
Minneapolis, which was immediately followed by
Heteroclite, at Density Studios. I also had a piece at
a gallery called Red Saw, in New Jersey, in December.
I haven't had a lot of time to work on new visual work
for awhile, though. I've been almost entirely focused
on the radio show, and two big sound collage projects,
which I'll be announcing shortly (well, sometime this
year at least!)

Thanks for reading! Please do check out the Some
Assembly Required Podcast. I'm quite proud of it. I
posted an mp3, a few days before Christmas - an xmas
mix of tracks I would play on Christmas Eve on Radio K
- and a fellow DJ at Radio K liked it enough to post a
message about it to a website called Boing Boing...
The resulting attention nearly crashed the server!
We've since moved the podcast to a new server and are
amazed to count over 7,000 individual downloads of
that one mix alone. So, I have high hopes for our new
podcast. Please pass on the information to interested
parties. The Blog and Podcast are online, at:
www.some-assembly-required.net/blog

Again, happy new year - and please send me your
updates as well!
Sincerely,
Jon Nelson

www.PostConsumerProductions.com