[Rumori] Yawriats Ot Nevaeh

stAllio!the original wanksta stalliongsta at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 08:40:28 PST 2006

--- Jon Leidecker <wobbly at detritus.net> wrote:
> here's something some of you might like by my friend dimuzio
>
> it's the song by led zeppelin, reversed, but then cut into quarter
> notes
> and reassembled in forward order to retain the melody
>
> tom swears that the resulting file contained exactly 666 regions, but
> haven't checked his session personally yet so for the time being
> let's just
> agree he's insane

so he did all the editing manually?  that's a little excessive, as you
can get pretty much the same effect using automated tools (not to get
into a debate over automation vs manual edits).  i've worked with
reversed sound in forward order, though never with source material that
was quite so recognizable.  of course i'm at the office and hence
unable to post any examples, though if anyone has my "mountians out of
dru hill" mp3, that applied a very similar concept to dru hill's "i
should be".

i used granulab for that track, and could probably re-create this in
that program with little effort.  the math is the only tricky part:
after that it's cake.

and korg's KP2 kaoss pad even had a built-in effect that does the same
thing (#40 i believe), though it isn't as precise as granulab would
be...  watching tv with that effect turned on is lots of fun, though.

---
"Some buildings are making us happy!"
http://www.animalswithinanimals.com * http://badtaste4life.com
* subscribe to awiannounce, the st!/awia announce list: