[Rumori] Yawriats Ot Nevaeh

Beatsystem beatsystem at lineone.net
Wed Jan 18 09:11:54 PST 2006

> so he did all the editing manually?  that's a little excessive, as you
> can get pretty much the same effect using automated tools (not to get
> into a debate over automation vs manual edits).  i've worked with
> reversed sound in forward order, though never with source material that
> was quite so recognizable.  of course i'm at the office and hence
> unable to post any examples, though if anyone has my "mountians out of
> dru hill" mp3, that applied a very similar concept to dru hill's "i
> should be".

Oh I don't think it's that excessive - you could automate it, but as there
are some considerable tempo and timbre changes in the course of this tune, I
think you'd probably take just as long fine tuning the automation.

I don't want the debate either, but sometimes the hand crafted approach
works best, I think, especially here - none of the band's swing and velocity
control is sacrificed, which makes for a better track.

imho, natch ;0)

beatsystem